Content Republishing is the republishing of already existing content. For example, articles or contributions on a topic are put online again in a blog – updated or slightly changed, but sometimes also in a completely new format.
Content republishing is more than just republishing an existing article. It is a targeted tool in marketing, not least to save resources. Often enough, no new ideas can be found for a current topic – on the other hand, there are already articles available that promise great attention with just a few changes. As a marketing strategy, content republishing can be used in various ways:
- Articles are republished, put into different contexts or put into a new form (example: a text article as a video).
- Existing content is given a new form and thus becomes part of a current marketing concept.
- Existing content is offered to a new target group – for example as a newsletter.
All too often, there are high-quality articles that were simply published at the wrong time and therefore received little attention. But times are changing. A problem that previously only attracted attention among experts suddenly becomes a highly topical issue that is hotly debated on the web. In such cases, Content Republishing is a great way to reach a high number of visitors with little effort.
What are the goals of Content Republishing?
A big problem in content marketing is valuable content that does not get enough attention. Good articles often lead a shadowy existence on the web – even when they offer unique content and are optimized for the relevant keywords. The reasons for this vary. Content Republishing is a possible solution to this problem. Goals of Content Republishing are for example:
- Increase the reach of good content
- Address new target groups
- Search engine optimization of existing pages that rank poorly on Google
- Use existing content as part of a new marketing campaign
Especially websites with a lot of visitors rely on continuous content mapping as part of their marketing strategy and refresh their content as needed. This process ensures good search engine rankings.
Refreshing content – here’s how
To refresh an article’s content, a text is first checked for lack of topicality. For this purpose, there are many helpful tools that make the author’s work easier:
- A W-question tool can be used to check whether the article describes the topic comprehensively (holistically). A WDF/IDF analysis may also be suitable for this purpose. Sometimes the terminology changes over time.
- Then check whether the structure of the article can be optimized – for example with new headlines, graphics, images, additional videos or changes in tone.
- The internal and external linking must also be updated and renewed if necessary. Here, particular attention should be paid to dead links. Hyperlinks that lead to nowhere are poison for SEO.
- When the new article is ready, an updated sitemap is submitted to Google. For this purpose, the article can be made known via social media.
Finding hidden treasures
How do you find the right content for content republishing? Anyone who conducts regular content mapping will quickly come across hidden treasures that are suitable for reuse. It is not uncommon for older articles on a website to suddenly arouse more interest over time. With content republishing, you can make great use of such developments. With a new format or by changing the content, one achieves even higher visitor numbers and benefits from current trends. These characteristics show the popularity of certain pages:
Backlinks: Each link to a page indicates the value of the content. Google Analytics is particularly suitable for this.
Traffic: How many clicks does the page achieve? Google Analytics also provides answers to this question.
Ranking for relevant keywords: Google Search Console shows the most important search terms with which a website is found.
Mention in social media or social shares: There are various tools for this, which can be found under the keyword “social media monitoring”.
BUY HIGH QUALITY SEO CONTENT
SEO-CONTENT ✔️ Blog Content ✔️ SEO Content Writing ✔️ Article Writing ✔️